Global Politics –
President Muhammadu Buhari’s incessant travels to the United Kingdom for clinical remedy private taken a total 200 days or about seven months since he assumed disclose of enterprise in Might maybe maybe additionally simply 2015.
In his contemporary outing, Buhari who went to the UK for “a summit and scheduled clinical apply-up” is anticipated to be help by subsequent week which makes it over 200 days.
Buhari’s penchant for international clinical abet is in stark incompatibility with the continuing, biting doctors’ strike in Nigeria which has paralysed authorities hospitals and set apart the lives of thousands and thousands of sick Nigerians within the stability.
The latest clinical outing to the UK is Buhari’s seventh since he was as soon as first sworn into disclose of enterprise on Might maybe maybe additionally simply 29, 2015.
By the second week of August, when the president is due help, he would private spent about 200 days in London on unswerving clinical journeys.
SaharaReporters had on April 1 reported that Buhari spent over 193 days on clinical recede within the United Kingdom since he assumed disclose of enterprise in 2015.
Most attention-grabbing in April, Buhari went to the UK for same remedy, primarily primarily based totally on a enlighten by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
SaharaReporters had examined a timeline of the president’s journeys out of the country for clinical remedy since he assumed disclose of enterprise on Might maybe maybe additionally simply 29, 2015.
1. February 5, 2016 to February 10, 2016: Buhari took a six-day dart back and forth within the United Kingdom, asserting that his doctors lived in England.
2. June 6 to June 19, 2016: Buhari spent nearly two weeks in Britain where he had remedy for an ear an infection and a holiday.
He reportedly flew to London on June 6 to search an ear, nostril and throat specialist after two doctors in Nigeria suggested extra review “as a precaution”, his group acknowledged.
He prolonged his outing by three days to rest.
3. January 19 to March 10, 2017: Buhari went to London all another time on a clinical dart back and forth on January 19. He wrote the Nationwide Assembly on February 5 seeking extension of his London clinical recede. The president did not return till March 10 but didn’t resume work straight at Aso Villa. The Presidency acknowledged “he’s working from home.” Buhari spent a total of 51 days out of doors the nation.
4. Might maybe maybe additionally simply 7, 2017: Buhari embarked on a outing to London for one more clinical dart back and forth. He returned after 104 days on August 19 but would possibly presumably well no longer resume work ensuing from rats had reportedly broken furnishings in his disclose of enterprise.
The Presidency presented he would be working from home.
5. Might maybe maybe additionally simply 8, 2018: Buhari went to London for a four-day “clinical overview.” The president returned on Might maybe maybe additionally simply 11, 2018.
6. April 25 to Might maybe maybe additionally simply 5, 2019: The president all another time embarked on a 10-day non-public focus on over with to the United Kingdom.
7. March 30 to April 6 2021: The president has embarked on one more outing for a routine clinical take a look at-up in London. He is to return on April 6 tentatively.
In summary, Buhari spent 19 days in 2016, 155 days in 2017, and 4 days in 2018 getting remedy within the UK.
In 2019, the president embarked on a 10-day non-public outing to the UK suspected to be for clinical causes.
In 2020, the president would possibly presumably well no longer make his outing attributable to the coronavirus pandemic which led to a halt in flight operations.
Within the first three years of his first tenure from Might maybe maybe additionally simply 2015 to Might maybe maybe additionally simply 2019, he was as soon as out of doors the nation for a blended 404 days – one year and 39 days in 33 worldwide locations, which was as soon as each for unswerving and clinical purposes.